Immigration Procedures

Non-Vietnamese who have lived in Vietnam over 1 year can apply for a temporary residence card. To apply, please contact the Vietnam Immigration Department (VID) for procedures and submit any relevant documents for consideration.

Non-Vietnamese people who are already in Vietnam and want to be issued new visa, extend or modify their visas - need to contact and submit their original passport and related papers to VID in Ha Noi, Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh or sub-immigration block in cities /province under central Department.

If you lose your passport in Vietnam, you must contact your Embassy in Vietnam to get a new passport or temporary documents then apply for new Vietnam Visa at VID.

Foreigners who want to settle in Vietnam must be approved by a company, organization or individuals as a guarantee that you will submit any relevant documents to VID.

VID In Ha Noi Capital: 40A Hang Bai, Hoan Kiem
Tel: +84 4 3 8245055 or +84 4 3 8260922

VID In Ho Chi Minh City: 254 Nguyen Trai, Dist 1
Tel: +84 8 3 9201701

VID In Da Nang City: No 7 Tran Quy Cap, Danang City.
Tel: +84 511 3 823383.